22.10.09

La la la there goes the footpath

The other day I hurt my back. Again. This time it wasn't a car ramming me up the butt, oh no, this was a typical footpath of Sydney. Here's the story... I was walking along the nice cement footpath with the pram in the leafy North Shore, enjoying the scenery, waving to the friendly postman, smelling the daisies and all that when Bam! The footpath disappeared. I un-gracefully stumbled, and then slipped, jarring my back, catching the pram just in time before it skidded out onto the road, etc. etc. Not happy. I don't understand why there are perfectly good footpaths for a few hundred meters and then suddenly they stop? Did the workmen stop for smoko and forget to continue? Did they run out of budget? Did they think no one would walk much further than that? The worst part is, when the footpath stops you are forced onto the road - the alternative is upturned tree roots, dirty, sloshy, pebbled 'bush' tracks that prams and nanny's to not cope well with. Once you're on the road you get beeped and glared at for being so irresponsible as to take a young child in a pram onto the road! The whole process turns out to be more stress than it's worth. I guess we should just sit inside all day, forget vitamin D and grow mould. Humph. Just going to put the heat pack back into the microwave now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali. I couldn't agree more. I find the wahroonga and waitara area the worst. Nothing annoys me more. I have a specific walk that I use now which has the most footpath. Fix it kurringai!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why they just stop? They got half way there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete