29.9.09

must. have. chocolate. now.

Certain times of the month I crave chocolate. Too much information? I know, but we're all friends here. Am I craving it today? Yes. When this happens and I can't make it to the shops because of a sleeping child, i.e. now, I make the slice below. It's the sort of thing you can make in a hurry, baby on your hip, one bowl, a spoon and an oven. And you don't have to sit staring longingly into the oven for hours it's quick! The recipe came from my Grandma's collection and it's really divine. I would show you a picture but I already ate it, all... sorry.

Chocolate Coconut Slice
125g butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
½ cup plain flour
1/3 cup self raising flour
1 tablespoon of dark cocoa
1 egg

Icing
1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon of cocoa
1 teaspoon of softened butter
1 tablespoon of milk

Melt the butter, stir in the brown sugar. Combine the buttery sugary goodness with coconut, sifted flours, cocoa and lightly beaten egg. Spread the mixture evenly over a pre-prepared 28x18cm greased pan. Bake at 180 for 20 mins or until just firm to touch (underdone is better than overdone).

Spread with icing immediately and leave in fridge to cool (or not, just eat it like I am now, num num num). Sprinkle with extra coconut - if you have time.

1 comment: