25.9.09

My toddler must looooove me

Apparently if a toddler has a tantrum in front of you it’s a sign of respect. Wow. Aren't I the lucky one? I read this morning that the most trying time for a mother is when her child is around 18months old. In my experience some of the symptoms of this age group are: biting, tantrums, 'no', screaming, climbing, clawing and experimenting. However, when I look at this list I think to myself hmmm that's true those awful little monsters but at the same time I see a great similarity between  18months and 18years. When a child reaches 18years (or earlier) there is biting, tantrums, 'no', screaming, climbing, clawing and experimenting. But, there is also binge drinking, heartbreaks, drugs, sex, gatecrashing, bad circles, hormones and an ID.

I think the most important difference is that at 18months you can still pick up your child and put them in the naughty chair. At 18years they will use the naughty chair to climb out the window, over the fence, into the room of the girl next door, steal the car and drive to the pub. I think I'll take the 18month old over the 18year old thank you very much.

3 comments:

  1. That was so true. I will take the toddler any day of the week! Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My toddler just has a tantrum in the isle at the supermarket. The thought that others are going through the same thing all over the world made me a happier woman. Thanks, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam, I think it would be interesting to find out the statistic of how many toddlers are throwing a tantrum this second. Ahh the joys.

    ReplyDelete