24.9.09

When stuck inside make pizza... or not

So, I don't know if you heard on the news or saw for yourself but the view from my balcony in Sydney yesterday looked something like this:



This glorious dust storm covered Sydney for the best part of the day and we were urged to keep indoors. Not only that but the wind was blowing a gale, and you know what that does to kids. So I had to think of something, fast. We decided to make pizza. Look, the end result was pretty delicious but to be honest it took over 2 1/2 hours and the dough wasn't all that great.

The dough sat in a bowl with a wet towel over it for about 1 1/2 hours and didn't rise properly:




















But the end result was yummy:




















My verdict? The kids LOVED it. But I think they loved the concept of eating a "bad" food like pizza more than the actual pizza itself. If you have a good, fast recipe then please send it my way, but I think I'll stick to buying pizza bases and topping them myself.
Ax

3 comments:

  1. I never make my own dough, takes soooo long. I think the best bases are the Bazzaar ones in woolies. In the bread section. Thin and crispy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic actually looks pretty good! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Donna Hay mag has a really great base recipe! I tried it on the weekend and it was really nice. Grab the mag - otherwise I'll post when I get a chance.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete